Thursday, July 28, 2011

Letting Go Can Hurt...

...like, physically hurt.

So I'm being a tad dramatic, but this is day 2 of no sugar, and I'm feeling some effects. Namely, I've had a headache today, and I feel pretty tired. I feel like I could go to bed right now, and it's 5:00 p.m.!

I think part of the problem is that I'm probably not eating enough calories. I need to figure this healthy thing out. ;) I'm so used to getting soooo many calories from sugary foods that I feel a tad lost, even though I know what's good for me and what's not. Part of it is that I need to stock my kitchen a little better.

I am so happy that I've gotten through. I would usually stop my headache with something cakey and frosting-y. Little Debbie Zebra Cake comes to mind. Swiss Cake Roll, anyone? Anyway, even though I've felt sort of yucky today, it's nothing compared to the bloated, completely stuffed, utterly disappointed and defeated feeling I have felt even as recently as Tuesday of this week! Yuck.
So I'm keeping on. I'll need to get more creative with what I eat, try new recipes, perhaps. But for now, I just need to get the sugar out of my system. Yes, that is what I need to do.

:)

No comments: